Limited quantity only!
1. Attitude Flight Stabilization System (AFSS)
FY31-AP is an inertial attitude measurement instrument used for automated stabilization of fixed wing model aircrafts and simple three axis camera gimbals.
FY31-AP has an integrated three-axisgyro and three-axis accelerometer which controls the aircraft movement in three-dimensional space.
2. Barometric Sensing and GPS
FY-31APcontrol module incorporates an accurate barometric pressure sensor. At start up, the take-off air pressure is measured, providing the autopilot with an accurate relative height data.
While the GPS module enables the autopilot to calculate the flight course and exact location of the aircraft. If the FY31AP is not connected GPS module, the autonomous flight system cannot be engaged and it will function purely as a flight stabilizer.
After connecting the GPS and booting up, the FY-31AP will search for GPS positioning signals, the first time the GPS positioning successfully and the satellites quantity at least 4, then the FY-31AP will remember this position as the home point
3. Functions of FY-31AP
By using your remote control, the FY-31AP can be turned on or off for the following functions:
- Level flight - When stabilization is activated, the FY31AP will automatically control the aircraft for smooth easy flying. For beginners in RC aircraft flying, this is advantages as it makes flight easier and increases the student pilot self-confidence. The system can be activated throughout the entire flight duration, from take off to landing.
- Emergency Recovery - If you lose orientation release all control sticks, maintain throttle and switch ON the FY31AP.The unit will automatically send the correct signals to balance of the aircraft and regain level flight, giving you time to get your orientation and fly the plane back to safety.
- Autonomous flight - with the GPS module the autonomous flight system of the FY31AP will enable you to fly fully autonomous, with up to 8 waypoints settings on the FY Ground Control Station software.
- Ground Control Station - the FY GCS software will enable you to fly autonomously to up to 8 waypoints, display in-flight telemetry data, and record that flight for replay and analysis (this requires the optional Data Radio hardware).
- Automated circling - by activating this function, the aircraft will automatically circle the selected area at a fixed altitude, the centre of the circle is the current point. You can set the circling radius, the default radius is 80 meters.
- Return to Home - You can set autonomous return to home via a 3 way switch or through your failsafe setting, enabling you plane returning to home should it lose your transmitter signal. Upon reaching the home point it will automatically engage auto circling, while it waits for your further instructions.
- First Person View - for long-distance RC flight via video transmitter, the FY31AP will maintain the balance of your aircraft. You only need to control the heading of your aircraft and enjoy the view.
- Firmwareupgrade - The FY31AP firmware is upgradable by connecting to your computer via a USB TTL cable. As Feiyu Tech continuously improves the FY31AP system, firmware upgrades will be released periodically.
4. Optional Upgrade with FY-OSD and Data Radio
The FY-31AP provides an optional upgrade combining with the FY-OSD and the Data Radio. With this add-on, you will receive:
- First Person View (FPV) - by connecting this interface to the FY-OSD, telemetric data such as GPS, flight navigation, AHI can be displayed on your downlink video.On the other hand, it will be easier to operate FPV with the functions of automaticbalanceand automated return to home.
- Real time telemetry - real time by-directional telemetry is monitored directly by your ground station computer. Changes to aircraft altitude and flight path can be controlled from your ground station computer.
- Record and monitor your flight - you can monitor and download your flight path into your ground station computer.
For more information, please refer to the FY-OSD and FYData Radio manual.
5. FY-31AP Package Content
- FY-31AP control module x 1
- GPS receiver x 1
- RC receiver connecting wires x 1
- Velcro double sided tape x 2
- Some related wire.
- Instruction manual x 1
6. Technical Specification and working requirement
• FY-31AP module:
- Inputvoltage: 4.0 ~ 6.0 Volt
- Currentdraw: 50mA (5V)
- Size: 47x 27x 20 mm
- Weight (excluding wires): 25g
- Temperature range: -25 C ~ 70 C
- Maximum rate of rotation : <= 2000 degree/s
• GPS module:
- Input voltage: 3.0 ~ 3.3 Volt
- Currentdraw: 60mA (3.3V)
- Size: 32 x32x 10 mm
- Weight (excluding wires) : 22g
- Temperature range: -25 C ~70 C
The FY-31AP can be installed in the following aircraft :
- Normal / Traditional fixed-wing planes;
- Delta-winged planewith rudder;
- Delta-winged plane without rudder;
- Plane without aileron;
- V-tail plane with aileron;
- V-tail plane without aileron;
- Remote control system requirement
The FY-31AP has been tested to work with the following RC systems:
- Robbe-Futaba PPM / PCM 1024 / PCM G3 mode, 2.4 GHz systems；
- Graupner/JR PPM 8, PPM 12, SPCM mode；
- MPX PPM8, PPM 12 with UNI mode
- Any remote control system using the standard of 1.5 ms neutral position.
Download (The newest manual & software, please check http://www.feiyu-tech.com)