A pilot shared his own tips to confirm if the Phantom 3 has been upgraded on the forum. Let’s see!
Tip1: check the beeps
Upgrade successfully: “D-DD-,D-DD,D-DD…”
Upgrade fail: “D------------”
Tip2: check the gimbal indicator
Green indicator flashing (0.2s off,0.1s on): the kit is getting ready
Green indicator flashing three times (0.3s off,0.1s on): continuous capture modes
Red indicator flashing slowly (1.6s on,0.8s off): recording
Red indicator flashing quickly (0.5s off,0.2s on): SD card error
Red indicator flashing twice (0.1s on,o.1off…): overheat
Red indicator lights up: system error
Green and red indicator blinking(0.8s green on,0.8s red on): firmware upgrading
Tip3: check the result file in SD card
After upgrading, there will be result.bin file in SD card
1. Result: Success
2. Result: Abort
3. Result: Corrupt
4. Result: Failed
If there is no result file in SD card:
1. Check .bin files.
2. The file is unzipped to wrong catalog.
Here is the correct catalog
3. The upgrade firmware is wrong – for example, P3 Professional is upgraded with P3 Advance firmware.
4. Previous upgrade firmware is skipped.
5. SD card is damaged – change a new SD card.
6. The SD card reader is damaged – contact the customer service.
Article Source: bbs.dji forum