Many users use GOPRO for aerial photography. However, GOPRO camera is relatively heavier, higher cost, and more power-consuming than common CCD/CMOS lenses. Some FPV pilots would use small-sized CCD/CMOS lens for general resolution purposes. Also, some aerial photographers need the other lens for positioning and monitoring, because the main camera is focus on the target.
We sell different CCD/CMOS lenses on Infinity Hobby. For your information, we filmed some short clips at same place and same time by different lenses we sell. Please select the lens according to the features as following:
1. When filming at extreme bright side, if there is heavy noise due to low processing quality of internal chip. (0:26)
The video below is from one of our discontinued product. As for our current products, the image will not be lost completely.
2. When filming at the sky, if the color of clouds is visible
3. When filming at the dark side, if the detail image is clear
4. When filming between bright side and dark side, if the Aperture change smoothly
We have to explain the video quality first from the video below:
1. The quality of any lens, no matter which processer chip, will be much lower through AV out and recording by another camera. Because the original digital signal will be transferred to analog signal to DVR; and DVR will have to reverse the process and save the digital data. After being transferred from digital to analog, and analog to digital, the quality will be much lower.
The video below is from GOPRO3+, comparison of internal data and AV output data.
2. At the test day the LCD monitor is 2 inches long on the DVR, we can’t adjust the focus perfectly. Some video are blur.
FPV Cameras Comparison