Crashes happen to flying object all the time, and the cause is really confusing. There’s built-in flight record of APM, and user can use the data to analyze the cause of flight crash.
There are two kinds of flight record of APM. One is the built-in flash memory, with the memory capacity of 15Mb. The other is recorded in the PC through telemetry.
The author will show us how to get the flight record of flash memory.
Please follow the steps as following:se
1. Connect the APM/PX4 to Mission Planner
2. As picture below, go to CONFIG/TURNING>Standard Params, select “Default+IMU” to activate recording flight data.
3. Click “Write Params”
4. Go to “CONFIG/TURNING>Planner”, and check “Advanced View”. There will be two options added on the top: “SIMULATION” and “TERMINAL”
5. Fly the UAV.
6. Remove the battery, and connect UAV to Mission Planner.
7. Do not click “connect”. Go to “TERMIAL”, click “Connect APM”, and select “Log Download”. MP will
show another pop-up window. Check the download file, and click “Download These Log”.
8. Be patient. It will take a while to download. Click “Log Browse” and select the file.
9. MP will show the below screen. User can select the data from the pull-down menu.
Mechanical Failure - Stab
Mechanical Failure - Auto
The common flight data is Battery Issues. “THRIN” is the throttle signal received from transmitter; “THROUT” is the actual throttle signal APM output. “VOLT R” is the battery current. “VIBRATIONS” is the vibration status. 3DR suggests the normal value for X and Y is +3~-3, for Z is -15~-5. “Power Issues” is the power supply of APM. “GPS Glitch” is the GPS interference.